Sunday, October 4, 2009

13yo Committed Suicide

Sunday October 4, 2009
Father at a loss over 13-year-old son’s suicide

KOTA BARU: Fishmonger Azmi Hassan, 43, is finding it difficult to come to terms with the possibility that his cheerful 13-year-old son had taken his own life on Friday.

He said he could not understand why his second son Mohd Amin, a lively boy who loved animals, would want to take his own life.

Mohd Amin was found by his 17-year-old brother Ruzaimi hanging from a nylon rope that had been attached to a ceiling fan’s hook in their wooden house at Kampung Jelutong, Seribong, here at about 8.30pm.

At that time, Ruzaimi, Azmi and his mother Zubaidah Sulaiman had just returned from selling fish in Bachok.

“I had to break down the front door which was locked from inside as I did not get a response from my brother who would usually wait for us to come home.

“When I found my brother, he was already blue in the face and by the time my father and I managed to bring him down, he was already lifeless,” said a visibly shocked Ruzaimi when met at the Raja Perempuan Zainab II Forensics Department late Friday night.

Azmi said Zubaidah, Ruzaimi and him had rushed home after Mohd Amin did not reply to six phone calls the whole day.

“I felt that something was amiss because he would normally pick up the phone every time we called.

“I really do not know what went on in his mind that made him do it because as far as I am concerned, we are a happy and close knit family with minimal problems,” said Azmi.

Kota Baru deputy OCPD Superintendent Idris Rafar confirmed the incident and said the case had been classified as sudden death.

He said that based on preliminary investigations, they did not suspect any foul play.

The Star

No comments:

Post a Comment