Monday, December 7, 2009

Invoke Me, I Shall Respond To You

God Almighty promised: "Invoke Me, I Shall Respond To You

Supplication and Invocation
The Prophet, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was asked by some of his companions:
“Is Allah near so we invoke him or is he far so we call him?” so Allah revealed this following verse.
God Almighty Allah (swt) commanded:
“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.”(Quran/Al Baqarah 2:186).
Allah (swt) is near He can hear the supplicant anytime anywhere and respond to him if the supplicant invokes Allah (swt) with a sincere heart and avoid interdictions of supplication. Allah (swt) also commanded:
“Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors”
(Quran/Al A’raaf 7:55).
.
God commands to be invoked with "humility" which is insisting in request and continuously in worship "secretly" but not loudly to avoid riya’ (show off).
Allah (swt) also commanded:
“And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!”
(Quran/Ghafir 40:60).
Allah (swt) had promised:“ Invoke Me, I will respond to you”,
so from His mercy for His slaves He has promised to respond to their invocations but for those who do not invoke Him, He has promised punishment because invocation of Allah (swt) is an act of worship and refusing to invoke Him (disbelieving in Him or having doubt in His ability to answer the invocation) is refusal to worship Him.

courtesy of a known source of reference

No comments:

Post a Comment